Thursday, February 11, 2010

Beginnings...

Well folks...it has been a whirlwind since I last wrote. I will just highlight the good and bad so I know everyone is on the same page.

Bryce's ear infections never cleared up, so after a trip to the ENT he was able to have ear tube surgery this past Wednesday and for once in a long while he is ear fluid free! Today was a great day, and the first day since around the 1st of January that he hasn't been on Tylenol or Ibuprofen (sp?) so his ear pain wasn't too much to bear. I'm so glad he was able to get the surgery and thankful for Dr. Veilia and his staff. Not to mention too, all the people that prayed and thought of us on that day.

I was notified that the Clear Lake office of Kent Moore Cabinets is set to close...or go "dark" is how they put it. So, they laid off Angela and myself. I was devastated to say the least, but needed to be reminded by family members that God had a plan. And He did. The next day I was offered a position at the Houston office. Sure the drive isn't to be desired BUT I would have a job, benefits and the old team would all be back together again. God is good and I am so looking forward to working with Linnea and Becky...I should say Rebecca, afterall that is her work name LOL...I think all 3 of us are going to make a great team. =o)

Making the move to Houston does mean that we have to say goodbye to Mrs. Amy. It will be sad tomorrow, for me and for Amy. She has been a wonderful WONDERFUL person to both Bryce and I, and I am so thankful we were able to get to know her. Bryce will be going to Mrs. Andrea's house by the Houston office. I am SUPER excited about that. Mrs. Andrea is going to love Bryce (who doesn't?) and I know Bryce will love her. Again, God always has a plan.

The beginning of February has been a tough one, but thanks to many people, the Brody's made it through. Gma and Gpa stepped in to watch Bryce. Grandma Jane and Grandpa Brody brought over dinner and came to watch and play with Bryce. Dad talked me off a ledge, so to speak, and was the voice of reason I needed. Mom came to the rescue just when she needed too without even being asked. Rebecca was there to listen and offer help. Linnea had my back and was my encourager. We couldn't have done it all without you. Thank you.

This weekend we plan to take it easy and we look forward to Monday. New beginnings, new challenges, new people, new places and new memories.

Love from the Brody World,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment